On the Japan Equestrian Archery Association
The Japan Equestrian Archery Association is a public interested incorporated association with the authorization of the Cabinet Office and aims to contribute to the international understanding through equestrian culture. It endeavors to develop Japanese traditional culture by maintaining, diffusing and passing to the next generation the Japanese horseback archery that goes back to the Kamakura Period and to give guidance and to put into practice the ancient equestrian horsemanship. The Japan Equestrian Archery Association has the history over 70 years since its recognition as incorporated association in 1939 and in March 21, 2012, it was authorized as a public interest incorporate association by the Prime Minister and on registration on April 1, 2012, it officially became a public interest incorporated association.
Outline of the Organization
|Formal Name||Koeki Shadanhojin Dainihonkyubakai|
|English Name||The Japan Equestrian Archery Association|
|Location||20-43 Onarimachi, Kamakura, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Postal Code 248-0012
|Competent Authority||Cabinet Office|
|Foundation||January 15, 1939|
|Incorporation||April 1, 1939|
|Authorization as Public Interest Incorporated Association||March 21, 2012|
|Registration as Public Interest Incorporated Association||April 1, 2012|
Objective and Activities
To develop Japanese traditional culture by maintaining, diffusing and passing to the next generation the Japanese horseback archery that goes back to the Kamakura Period and to give guidance and to put into practice the ancient equestrian horsemanship.
1. Demonstration of performances of ancient equestrian horsemanship such as yabusame, kasagake, use of sword, spear, halbelt, gun and others on horseback.
2. Studies and investigation on ancient equestrian horsemanship and organizing study groups and celebrating lectures.
3. Advertizing of ancient equestrian horsemanship and publication of bulletin
4. Celebrating ancient equestrian horsemanship performance.
5. Promotion of internacional relationship through ancient equestrian horsemanship of different countries.
6. Other necessary activities to pursue its objective.
The Japan Equestrian Archery Association thanks very much to those who have visited the website and especially to those who have answered the questionnaire.
The questionnaire has being closed on January 31, 2017 with its mission concluded for the time being.
We hope to have you at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. Thank you again.